2014: A year in review
I’m going to try to keep things brief here… A LOT HAPPENED THIS YEAR.
Most notably, Hobbledehoy became forever stronger with my wife Erin taking an active role in the label. Many of the artists were kicking goals well beyond anything any of us imagined. From a label standpoint…
- 7 records were released, all with vinyl editions. This included two fancy pants 2LP gatefolds (and our MOST EXPENSIVE project yet).
- CASPIAN and KEVIN DEVINE joined our little family.
- For the regulars, we created a Record Club.
- I finally bit the bullet and got a Hobbledehoy tattoo. On the same day, a few other misguided souls thought it to be a good idea too.
- We ran our first annual “Hobble Day” celebrations in Brisbane. Next year’s will be announced shortly…
- We made a coffee roast with our new pals at Monastery, had a fantastic launch party with Kevin Devine performing. Coffee is long gone now, but we’ll have a new roast for you next year.
- Our website has been under heavy redevelopment, and while still early days, is more user friendly and enjoyable to use.
So once again, thank YOU.